Good morning Year 2, I hope you had a wonderful weekend despite the cold and wet weather!
Here we are again, week 15 of home learning tasks! Please continue to do your best and complete the tasks set I am so proud of all that you have achieved so far, let's keep it going.
Here are your learning tasks that I would like you to complete today.
Remember, you can email any work/ pictures you have completed to
I am consistently monitoring your activity on online resources. Please make sure you’re accessing your daily tasks and making time to exercise!
Monday 29th June 29/06/2020
Monday morning assembly
Today is the feast day of St Peter and St Paul. We will look at the key aspects of how instrumental they were in sharing the good news of Jesus and how their example can inspire us to live a life of faith.
Please read the power point below.
Please now bow your heads and say a prayer which reminds us that we are all part of God’s family.
Maths- Measuring mass in grams
Please could you watch the video and then complete the worksheets afterwards. You can print the worksheets if you like, or copy ONLY the answers into your red book.
English- Please find your KS1 English Comprehension Book. I would like you to read and answer pages 22-23 ‘Habitats’ and pages 24-25 ‘Flat Stanley’.
RE- God’s world is a precious treasure
God’s world is a precious treasure, we should do all we can to preserve and look after it.
Read the following statements and decide if they are what God wants. Would God treasure them or bin them?
- The fish swim in the seas, the tigers roar in the jungles and the stars twinkle in the sky.
- These trees look useful, I could chop down one or two of these to burn on a fire and keep me warm.
- People are peaceful and happy.
- The plants grow, the flowers open and the birds sing in the trees.
- Use both sides of a piece of paper.
- People have quarrels and angry words.
- Catch lots of fish to eat and if there are some left over I could throw them away.
- Turn the tap off when I am brushing my teeth.
- Have a long soak in a bath full of water twice a day.
- Remember to switch things off when I’ve stopped using them.
- Have a picnic and leave the rubbish for someone else to clean up.
- Think about other people; share your money and the things you own.
In your green writing book, draw a line down the middle. At the top of the left column, draw a little treasure chest and at the top of the right column, draw a little bin. Under these, I would like you to write your own statements focusing on ways we both treasure or harm God’s world.
Have a lovely Monday!
Love Miss Dewhurst x