Good morning Year 5. We’ve reached the end of a very strange school week! I have been so impressed with your work and efforts. Your RE work yesterday was great and I loved reading all your charity ideas and looking at your posters.
Today you will have 3 lessons as normal however we are going to start using a brilliant website for reading that has lots of books for you to choose from. I can monitor which books you read and how often. I can also assign you certain books to read so that we can still all read the same book despite being apart at home!
You need to go onto the website which is called GETEPIC. You can follow the link below to get on to the website. Then:
- Put in the CLASS CODE. This is on the school blog and I can also email it to your parents.
- Find your initials (for those of you that have the same initials I have done what we usually do in class and put the first 2 letters of your last name or middle name).
- Read the book I have assigned for you and then search for and read any other books you like!
READING COMPREHENSION AND SPELLING
Today there are 2 parts to your English lesson and you need to complete both.
1 – Please get your CGP Comprehension Book from your home learning pack. I would like you to read the text on page 2 and then answer the questions. It is called The Word Party.
2 – Log on to Education City and find your work under classwork (8/1/21 – Spellings). Complete the activity and the worksheet. Remember I can see who completes this so make sure you do!
LO - To solve a range of place value problems
Today there are 2 parts to your Maths lesson and you need to complete both.
- Click on the link below to get your Maths questions for today. Some are easy and some are more challenging. I have also attached the answers so that somebody can mark them for you. Please don't cheat!
- I have set up a battle on TTRS for you all to participate in. Girls you are going to have to work twice as hard seen as though there aren’t as many of you! Let’s see who wins!
LO – To create an ‘Op Art’ letter
Today’s activity is a fun one! Op art is short for 'optical art'. The word optical is used to describe things that relate to how we see. Have you seen an optical illusion before? Op art works in a similar way. Artists use shapes, colours and patterns in special ways to create images that look as if they are moving or blurring.
You are going to have a go at doing your own op art letter like the one shown in the picture below. I would choose the first letter of your name. Follow the instructions given on the picture to create your masterpiece. I have also uploaded the instructions on a document if they are difficult to read on the picture.
Please email or blog your work. I can’t wait to see them!