Good morning Year 6!
It's Monday and the start of our final week of online learning before we are all in class together on March 8th. It will be brilliant to be together again. Everyone at home is trying really hard and we are very proud of you. Keep this going for one more week!
Don't forget the new tab underneath Class Pages on the school website - Taking Care of your Mental Health. Here you will find many activities and lots of advice on how to improve your mood. Click on it and have a read.
Congratulations to Charlie who was our star home learner last week! Who will be our star pupil this week? Get out your books and pens and start this week by trying your best today. All 3 lessons MUST be completed EVERYDAY along with daily reading and exercise. Good luck everyone!
Today's exercise choices:
1. Go outside for a refreshing walk.
2. Click on the link to Go Noodle and complete 3 of your favourite routines.
3. Click on the link to Joe Wicks to tackle his Monday exercise routine.
4. Have a go at the Bingo Challenge Mr Steele has put on the main Class Page - this looks fun!
Make sure you log in to getepic this week. We have 45 books to read by Friday to reach our target of 400 books. EVERYONE needs to read 2 books this week and we will easily reach our total. Aim for 10 - 15 minutes of reading each day. I am letting you pick your own book to read so you can find something you are interested in. Log on and get reading.
Below are your tasks for today. Remember if you need to ask any questions go to the class blog and add a comment to 1-3-21 TODAY'S WORK. Keep checking the comments on this BLOG because that is where we will post our replies to you.
LO To take notes
Read the slides below to find information and instructions for today's English lesson. You are going to find out about a truly astonishing young girl and how she has taken action against climate change. She is called Greta Thunberg.
LO: To solve metric measurement length word problems
Today you are learning maths at the Oak Academy with Miss Darwish. She has 4 tasks for you to do on this clip concerning solving metric measure length problems, so be prepared for:
1. Initial quiz
2. Questions throughout the clip
3. Independent task at the end (see worksheet below the clip)
4. Final quiz
When you have completed these tasks, click on the worksheet below. You have 6 questions to complete. Choose section A if you are struggling today, section B if you are feeling confident and section C if you want a challenge! AFTER you have completed your 6 questions, click on the answer sheet so you can mark your work and see how you did.
Enjoy your learning and don't forget to blog or email me your marked work.
LO: To find out about the water cycle and the distribution of water around the world
Another very interesting geography lesson! Here are your tasks:
1. Revise your knowledge of the water cycle. Watch the clip to do this.
2. Click on the document below to read about the water cycle and learn about an extreme weather condition called drought.
3. Complete the worksheet about today's learning. If you can't print the sheet, just write the sentences in your exercise book.
Just for fun, there is a water cycle song to listen to you.
Blog or email your work as normal.