Good morning Year 6!
It's Monday and the start of our fourth week of online learning in 2021! We wish all Year 6 were in school together because that is how we learn best. BUT, we have to keep everyone as safe as possible so continue to try your hardest with online learning. Many students are completing excellent work at home. Congratulations to Gracie who was our star home learner last week! Who will be our star pupil this week? Get out your books and pens and start this week by trying your best today. All 3 lessons MUST be completed EVERYDAY along with daily reading and exercise. Check out the CBBC Channel because there is a programme at 9.40am today called Science and Astronauts - I can't wait to see that! Good luck everyone!
Today's exercise choices:
1. Go outside for a refreshing walk (no snow but cold).
2. Click on the link to Go Noodle and complete 3 of your favourite routines.
3. Click on the link to Joe Wicks to tackle his Monday exercise routine.
4. Have a go at the Bingo Challenge Mr Steele has put on the main Class Page - this looks fun!
Collectively, we have read 57 books on the getepic reading website. We are slowly getting better. Don't forget to check the Y6 blog post dated 8.1.21 for log in instructions. Aim for 10 - 15 minutes of reading each day. I am letting you pick your own book to read so you can find something you are interested in. Log on and get reading.
Good luck with all your learning! Let's get going with today's 3 activities...
Below are your tasks for today. Remember if you need to ask any questions go to the class blog and add a comment to 25-1-21 TODAY'S WORK. Keep checking the comments on this BLOG because that is where we will post our replies to you.
LO: To find missing co-ordinates
Today's maths lesson builds on the last two weeks of co-ordinate lessons. We are now good at reading and plotting co-ordinates. The next step is to apply this knowledge to answer the trickier missing co-ordinate questions. Here are your instructions:
1. Listen to the White Rose clip CAREFULLY and try out the activities as you listen to the clip.
2. Download the worksheet and answer the questions. You can print the worksheet out and write on this sheet or just write the answers in your maths exercise book.
3. Check your answers with the answer sheet. How did you do? Blog or email me your work in the normal way. (By the way, there is no point downloading the answers and just copying them - you will learn nothing).
If, after you have tried the missing co-ordinate activity and you have found it difficult, download the EASY option and try this. A few of you might choose this.
If, after you have tried the missing co-ordinate activity and you have found it quite easy, download the CHALLENGE option and try that. (There are answers included at the end to check your work).
To recognise different sentence types
First, click on the link below to hear a great song which will help you remember the 4 different sentence types. They are: statement, command, question and exclamation.
After you have enjoyed rocking out to this song with your air guitar, click on the word document to see your task. Get your exercise book and pen ready to write your sentences.
LO: To understand a text
Find your orange work folder and take out your KS2 English Reading SAT Buster 10 Minute Tests book (it is orange coloured). Turn to page 54 and complete Set C Test 5 called How Camels Survive in the Desert. Read the text carefully and answer the 6 questions in the book.
Blog or email these 2 tasks in the normal way.
LO: To explore the Geography of Chile
Click on the Oak Academy link below to a lesson taught by Miss Harrison who LOVES South America. You need a pen and your exercise book to answer her questions. She will explain all about the human and physical geography of Chile. It's REALLY interesting!
There are 6 tasks to do:
1. Recall the 7 continents by their SHAPE.
2. Recall the 12 countries in South America.
3. Think what the human geographical features of our area are (Burnley and Padiham).
4. Think what the physical geographical features of our area are (Burnley and Padiham).
5. Recall ONE economic activity in Chile and say why it is important.
6. Final quiz
There is a final link to a Kahoot quiz on Chile. If you have listened to the lesson carefully, you will be able to answer MOST of the questions. There are a few answers you will need to learn. You can have 3 tries at the quiz. Remember to put your FIRST NAME ONLY as your nickname then I can see what score you got. Enjoy!
Blog or email this work in the normal way.